In February 2018, Muirhouse Medical Group opened a new branch. Patients may be seen at the Pennywell branch, or at the main surgery on Muirhouse Avenue. When you make an appointment you will be advised whether your appointment is at the main Muirhouse surgery, or at the Pennywell branch, which is on the ground floor of the Pennywell All-Care Centre on Pennywell Gardens.
- To book an appointment you will continue to use our current telephone number, 0131 537 4343. When you are given an appointment you will be advised which branch to attend
- Both GP’s and Nurses will be located at the Pennywell branch. These will be the same GP’s and Nurses that you see at Muirhouse – they will consult from the Pennywell branch on a rota basis
- Some midwife appointments will be based at Pennywell. Midwives will let you know where your appointments will be
- All Counsellor and GP Link Worker appointments will continue to be at Muirhouse
- Prescriptions will continue to be administered from the main Muirhouse surgery, though if you are seen at the Pennywell branch, your GP or Practice Nurse can issue prescriptions from there.
If you have any queries or concerns please ask at Reception.